|Sign in with Your social media account.|
The new Vantage F1® Edition is a new breed of Aston Martin. One that celebrates the marques return to Formula 1® for the first time in over 60 years and establishes the Vantage as a true sports car. It is also the first core model to benefit from direct input from Aston Martin’s recently appointed Chief Executive Officer, Tobias Moers.
A core production offering, the new Vantage F1® Edition sits at the top of the Vantage model line. Motivated by an exciting return to Formula 1® and as a direct result of the engineering that went into the development of the Vantage as an Official Safety Car of Formula 1®, which makes its debut at the Formula 1® Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2021 this month, the Vantage F1® Edition is the ultimate expression of performance and dynamism; it is the fastest and most focused of the already sporting Vantage.
Not only is it the most powerful, but the Vantage F1® Edition benefits from unique and significant chassis and aerodynamic improvements developed by Aston Martin’s hugely experienced engineering team. While the luxury brand’s Aston Martin Cognizant Formula OneTM team was busy preparing a return to the grid, the engineering team behind the infamous road cars were too, creating the ultimate Aston Martin Vantage which could take on the role of an Official Safety Car of Formula 1®. Set to work by Chief Executive Officer, Tobias Moers, the task was to develop significant performance enhancements, driven by improved lap time performance in order to successfully carry out its role on the F1® track, but without compromising its on-road capabilities. Notably, it would do so without the fitment of aggressively track-optimised tyres. Following the success of these enhancements, Moers instructed the integration of these into the production car, ultimately developing the new Vantage F1® Edition. The most sporting Vantage in the production range and in essence, a replica of the Vantage Official Safety Car of Formula 1®. An exciting proposition for Aston Martin customers.
The engineering team targeted intelligent, incremental improvements across multiple areas of the Vantage F1® Edition’s auto-only powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics to bring out more character, increase tactility and expand its outright capabilities.
Starting with the 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine, power is up by 25PS to a new maximum of 535PS. Peak torque remains unchanged at 685Nm, but that peak is sustained for longer to further increase tractability and in-gear urgency. This relentless, muscular performance has been further enhanced by work to the 8-speed automatic transmission, with an optimised torque cut during upshifts that reduces shift times and increases the feeling of directness and precision. This torque management also enhances the driver’s sense of control and connection during downshifts specifically under heavy braking and allows for finer control when the driver is balancing the car at its limit of traction. While noticeable in all circumstances and conditions, these improvements are especially beneficial when driving on track.
Moving to the chassis, the team’s focus centered on the suspension and steering, with further detailed underbody modifications to increase front structural stiffness for a further improvement in steering feel and response. Reworked damper internals have increased the dampers’ effective force range. This increase in bandwidth brings a noticeable improvement in vertical body control - both through high speed compressions and over crests - without any deterioration in low-speed compliance.
To compliment changes to the dampers, the chassis also benefits from increased rear spring rate and lateral stiffness to help sharpen turn-in, increase traction (especially over bumps) and ensure the rear-end is tuned to compliment the front-end’s rate of response. Further improvements to response and - crucially - to what the driver feels have been made to the steering system, allowing feedback from the road to be transmitted more clearly, which in turn helps build a detailed sense of available grip.
With the chassis hardware optimised, attention turned to the wheels and tyres, increasing from 20” on the regular Vantage to 21” as standard for the Vantage F1® Edition. Developed specifically for the F1® Edition with Pirelli, it is the first time Vantage has been fitted with 21” tyres. Much like the other dynamic changes, the switch to a lower profile tyre provides greater feedback to the driver to ensure progressive on-limit handling to give maximum confidence in even the most extreme track driving scenarios.
Completing the Vantage F1® Edition’s performance enhancements is a comprehensive aero kit, bringing improvements that can be felt from the driver’s seat and measured against the clock. Designed to deliver positive front and rear downforce, totaling 200kg more downforce than Vantage at top speed - as well as optimising the overall balance of the car, the aerodynamic changes comprise a full-width front splitter, front dive planes, underbody turning vanes, and - most obviously - the new rear wing. The rear diffuser remains unchanged but is still a core feature in the delivery of the aerodynamic performance working in tandem with the new aerodynamic features
The Vantage F1® Edition expresses its intensified performance with limited, yet distinctive colour palettes and trim options, including one that celebrates Aston Martin’s return to Formula 1® with an Aston Martin Racing Green colour scheme, mimicking that of the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula OneTM Team car, as well as the Official Safety Car of Formula 1®. Exterior paint colours are available in both a Satin or Gloss finish, and other colour options include Jet Black and Lunar White, all of which are complimented by a Solid Matte Dark Grey racing graphic. Inside the Vantage F1® Edition features new Obsidian Black Leather and Phantom Grey Alcantara upholstery and trim, with a choice of Lime Green, Obsidian Black, Wolf Grey or Spicy Red contrast stripe and stitching.
The Vantage F1® Edition - available as Coupe and Roadster - is further distinguished by its vaned grille as standard, 2x2 Twill Carbon Fibre exterior detailing, unique graphics, quad exhausts and a new design of Satin Black Diamond Turned 21” alloy wheel.
Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Tobias Moers said: “Performance is at the heart of every Aston Martin, but when it wears an F1® badge it has to be a truly exceptional car. Vantage was already the most focused sports car in our range but in the development of our Official Safety Car of Formula 1®, it had to be a true athlete: more powerful; more agile; more immediate and more exciting to drive. And - of course - quicker and more capable in a race-track environment. I set the engineering team a tough target, as I was insistent that gains in performance came via genuine improvements in the car’s dynamics, and not by fitting track-optimised tyres. The results speak for themselves. A Vantage to appeal to the most discerning drivers and a new model that marks an exciting moment in Aston Martin’s history”.
The new Vantage F1® Edition is on sale now with a recommended retail price from £142,000 in the UK and €162,000 in Germany with deliveries scheduled to begin in May 2021.
Vantage F1® Edition Specification
- Two-door body style 2+0 seating
- Extruded bonded aluminum body structure
- LED High & Low beam Headlamps with integrated direction indicator, daytime running lights, position lamp, lock/ unlock graphic theatre
- Signature full width LED tail lamp with stop tail and dynamic indicator functions
- Clamshell bonnet
- Aero Body Kit 2
- Modified Gas Struts and bumpstops to support tailgate opening efforts
- All-alloy quad overhead cam, 4.0 litre twin turbo V8
- Water-to-Air charge cooling
- Front mid mounted engine, rear wheel drive
- Compression ratio 10.5:1
- Fully catalysed stainless-steel exhaust system
- Electronically Controlled Exhaust
- Dual Variable Camshaft Timing
- Fully CNC machined combustion chambers
- Maximum power: 535PS/ 527bhp at 6000rpm
- Maximum torque: 685Nm from 2000-5000rpm
- Acceleration: 0-60mph: 3.5seconds Coupe, 3.6 Seconds Roadster
- Acceleration 0-62mph (0-100km/h): 3.6 seconds Coupe, 3.7 seconds Roadster
- Maximum Speed: 195 mph (314 kph) Coupe, 190mph (305kph) Roadster
European Fuel Economy Figures (WLTP)
- Rear mid-mounted ZF eight-speed automatic transmission
- Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
- Electronic Differential (E- Diff)
- Final drive ratio 2.93:1
- Electric power assisted steering rack with 13.09:1 steering ratio
- Speed-dependent rack and pinion power-assisted steering, 2.4 turns lock-to-lock
- Front independent double wishbone design coil springs, anti- roll bar and adaptive damping
- Rear Multi-link, coil springs, anti-roll bar and adaptive damping
- Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Skyhook technology modes Sport, Sport Plus & Track
- Stiffer Rear spring, uprate in damping
Wheels and Tyres
- 21" Vantage
- 21" P Zero. 255/35ZR21 XL A6A (98 Y)
- 21" P Zero. 295/30ZR21 XL A6A (102 Y)
- Front ventilated two-piece cast iron brake discs 400mm Diameter 1
- Rear ventilated Co-Cast brake discs 360mm Diameter
- Electric Park Brake
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control (TC)
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Positive Torque Control (PTC)
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring (DTV)
- Length – 4490mm
- Width (incl Mirror Caps) - 2153mm
- Height - 1274mm
- Wheelbase - 2704mm
- Fuel Tank - 73 litres
- Minimum dry mass: 1570Kg Coupe, 1645Kg Roadster.
- Weight Distribution 50:50
- Satin Aston Martin Racing Green Paint
- Special Edition Graphics in Matte Dark Grey
- Gloss Black Aerokit 2
- Gloss Black Lower Body Pack 3
- Gloss Black Rear Diffuser & Blades
- 2x2 Twill Carbon Fibre Upper Pack 4
- 2x2 Twill Carbon Fibre Roof 5
- Dark Vaned Front Grille
- Dark Exterior Window Surround Finisher
- 21" Diamond Turned Wheels - Satin Black
- Cast Iron Brakes 1
- Brake Callipers - Black Painted
- Smoked Tail Lamps
- Black Chrome Wings Badges
- Matte Black Quad Exhaust
- Silver Cross Brace
- Sports Plus Seat
- Interior Accent Stripe & Stitching - Lime Green
- Micromesh Headlining
- Silver Headrest Embroidery Wings Logo
- Dark Chrome Interior Jewellery Pack
- Aluminum Treadplates
- Black Anodised Sill Plaques
- Gloss Black Trim Inlay
- Comfort Pack 6
- Grey Alcantara and Black Leather Steering Wheel
- No Touchpad 7
- Standard Audio
- Technology Collection Pack 8
In Car Entertainment
- Aston Martin Audio system
- 8.0" LCD Screen
- DAB & AM/FM Radio 9
- iPod® and iPhone® integration and USB playback
- A2DP Bluetooth Audio and Phone Streaming
- Integrated Satellite Navigation System
Follow our RegistryE social media to get our latest updates: